If you’re like most bloggers, you’ve got a backlog of old blog posts just waiting to be repurposed. Don’t let all that great content go to waste! In this post, we’ll show you how to recycle your old blog posts into fresh, new content that will help you attract more readers and boost your traffic.
Why repurposing content is a smart move
If you’re a blogger, repurposing your old blog content is a smart move. Not only does it save you time and energy, but it also allows you to freshen up your content and give your readers something new to enjoy.
For starters, creating new content from existing content can save you a lot of time and energy. instead of starting from scratch, you can simply revise and update your old material. Plus, repurposing content can help you reach a whole new audience. By repackaging your content in different ways, you can introduce your work to people who might not have otherwise come across it.
Finally, by breathing new life into old content, you’re showing your audience that you’re always keeping things fresh and relevant. This helps differentiate you from other brands that might be stuck in their old fashioned way of doing things.
How to repurpose old blog posts
You’ve been blogging for awhile and you have a lot of great content, but you’re starting to feel like you’re repeating yourself. Or maybe you took a break from blogging and you’re not sure how to get back into it.
One great way to repurpose old content is to reuse your blog posts. You can turn an old post into a new one by adding new thoughts, expanding on the original idea, or even just giving it a new title and subtitle. This can help you breath new life into your blog without having to start from scratch. And it’s a great way to make sure your hard work doesn’t go to waste.
Here are 10 great ideas for repurposing your old blog posts:
- Create a new blog post that expands on one of your older posts.
- Make a video or podcast episode based on your blog post.
- Create an infographic that visualizes the data from your blog post.
- Write a guest blog post for another website that links back to your original post.
- Translate your blog post into another language and republish it on your site.
- Create a SlideShare presentation based on your blog content.
- Host a webinar or live event based on the topic of your blog post.
- Break down your blog post into individual tips and create social media posts around each tip.
- Create a printable PDF or e-book from your blog post.
- Create a meme or GIF based on your blog content.
Pros and cons of repurposing blog content
There are both pros and cons to repurposing blog content. On the one hand, repurposing content can help you reach a new audience or breathe new life into old content. On the other hand, repurposing content can be time-consuming and may not always produce the results you want.
Here are five pros and five cons of repurposing content:
- You can reach a new audience with repurposed content.
- Repurposed content can help you breathing new life into old content.
- It can be a quick way to create new content.
- You can repurpose different types of content for different platforms.
- You can save time and money by repurposing content.
- Repurposing content can be time-consuming.
- It may not always produce the results you want.
- You might end up repurposing low-quality content.
- You could end up plagiarizing yourself if you’re not careful.
- Your repurposed content might not be as successful as your original content.
Tips for repurposing content effectively
You’ve written a great blog post, and it’s been really popular. But now what? You don’t want to just leave it sitting there – you want to get the most out of it that you can.
That’s where repurposing comes in. Repurposing content is all about taking that one piece of content and using it in different ways to reach different people. It’s a great way to get the most bang for your buck, and it doesn’t have to be difficult.
Here are a few tips for repurposing content effectively:
- Create an infographic – repurpose blog content by taking key points and turning them into an easily digestible graphic.
- Make a podcast – transform blog content into a podcast by recording yourself reading the article aloud or interviewing someone involved in the topic.
- Shoot a video – film a short video clip summarizing the main points of the blog post or doing a demonstration related to the article.
- Write a guest post – send your blog post to another website relevant to your topic with a link back to your original article.
- Develop an low content e-book – repackage multiple blog posts on the same subject into an ebook that can be downloaded from your site.
Repurposing blog content can help you reach a new audience, breathing new life into old content, and be a quick way to create new content. However, repurposing content can also be time-consuming, and it may not always produce the results you want.
When repurposing content, make sure to create an infographic, make a podcast, shoot a video, write a guest post, or develop an low content e-book. These are all great ways to get the most out of your repurposed content.
Are you a freelance writer or content creator looking to take your career to the next level? Or are you a prospective client in need of high-quality content for your business? We’ve got you covered!
- Buy my book “$100,000 per Year as a Freelance Writer: It’s Possible, and Here’s How” on Amazon for Kindle, Books2Read for Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Scribed, and more in ebook and print editions, and Payhip as a PDF
- Subscribe to my premium weekly newsletter
- Contact me directly for freelance writing and content creation services
With our expert guidance, you can achieve all your content creation goals!