As a busy executive, you know that your time is better spent on high-level tasks that move the needle for your company. Outsourcing certain projects or hiring freelancers can free up your schedule so you can focus on more pressing matters.
But how do you know if you’re getting the most bang for your buck when it comes to your freelance real estate copywriter? Here are a few things to keep in mind.
Define the Scope of Work upfront
You should have a clear idea of what you need from your freelance real estate copywriter before you even start looking for candidates. This will help you save time in the long run by weeding out those who aren’t a good fit for the project.
Once you’ve determined the scope of work, be sure to communicate this to your freelancer so there are no surprises down the road. A good freelancer will ask questions and make sure they understand the parameters of the project before getting started.
Get Clear on Your Budget Constraints
Before engaging with any freelancer, it’s important to understand what you’re willing to spend. Once you have an idea of your budget, be upfront about it with potential candidates. This will prevent any miscommunication later on and ensure that both parties are on the same page from the start.
Keep in mind that cheaper does not always mean better – you may end up paying more in the long run if you have to adjust the scope or redo work that wasn’t up to par. That being said, there are plenty of great freelancers out there who provide high-quality work at a reasonable price point. It just takes some digging to find them.
Ask for Samples of Their Previous Work
One of the best ways to gauge whether or not a freelancer is a good fit for your needs is to see examples of their previous work. Most freelancers will have a portfolio or samples available on their website or upon request. If they don’t, that’s a major red flag – move on to someone else.
Once you’ve reviewed their samples, pay attention to things like tone, style, and whether or not they met deadlines. All of these factors will give you a good sense of what it would be like to work with them on an ongoing basis.
Tips for Hiring a Freelance Real Estate Copywriter
As a CMO or CIO for a real estate firm, you’re always looking for a way to get an edge on the competition. One way to do that is by investing in high-quality content from a freelance real estate copywriter. But how do you go about hiring one? Here are a few tips:
1. The first step is to assess your needs. What kind of content do you need? Articles? Blog posts? eBooks? White papers? Knowing what you need will help you find the right copywriter for the job.
2. Once you know what you need, it’s time to start looking for writers. A good place to start is by searching for “freelance real estate copywriter” on Google. This will give you a list of writers who specialize in creating content for the real estate industry.
3. Once you have a list of writers, it’s time to reach out and see if they’re a good fit for your company. Ask to see samples of their work and ask about their experience writing for the real estate industry.
4. Make sure you’re clear about what you want before hiring a writer. Once you’ve found a writer you like, send them a detailed brief of what you need and when you need it by. This will help ensure that both you and the writer are on the same page from the start.
5. Finally, don’t forget to edit! Even the best writers make mistakes, so it’s important to have someone on your team who can proofread and edit the final product before it goes live.
When used correctly, hiring a freelance real estate copywriter can be a major boon for your business. Just remember to take the time to vet candidates upfront, define the scope of work clearly, and agree on payment terms before getting started. By following these simple tips, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect freelancer for your needs.
This blog post is available for purchase and re-use as a limited-edition NFT on Mirror.xyz